Water is one of the most important things in our lives and is important for keeping healthy, but if you are drinking water straight from the tap without water filter, you could be affecting you and your family’s health.
What most people don’t know is that when the water authority collect’s water from Waragamba dam they add certain chemicals to it such as Chlorine and fluoride to kill the bacteria in the water which are not good for our health. There are also other things that make its way into the water supply while its on the way to your tap such as plastics, metals, pesticides and even assorted hormones.
How Clean is tap water in Sydney?
In Sydney, our tap water passes through quite an extensive filtration process. However, you would be surprised at what makes it through this process and by what is added to the water throughout the process. There are over 300 chemicals of concern in Sydney’s tap water, including pharmaceutical medicines and pesticides, to name just a few.
Some contaminants enter the water supply after it has been processed through the filtration process as it is on the way to your property. These contaminants include copper, lead and bits of plastic which are known to have a devastating effect on your health.
Along with the things that can enter the water supply, there are the things that the water authority adds, such as chlorine, ammonia and fluoride. These have also been linked to severe health problems
Types of filters we install:
- Reverse Osmosis Filters
- Twin under sink Filters
- Counter Top Filters
- Filters for your whole houses water supply
Why install a Water Filter
- The Taste of filtered water is much better.
- Filters will remove all the harmful chemicals and metals in the water, making it much healthier for you and your family.
- Filtered water is much cheaper than buying bottled water.
- Water filters effectively remove chlorine and chlorine byproducts, which reduces the risk of rectal cancer, colon cancer, and bladder cancer.